The Clare County Arts Council has made various contributions to the community.
In the recent past we have donated $200 to Parks and Recreation of Clare to sponsor a musical program for their summer Arts in the Park Concert Series. Five thousand dollars was donated towards putting a new roof on the old train "Depot" which is being restored and will eventually be home to the Arts Council. A thousand dollars was donated to Art Reach of Mt. Pleasant for their first annual Art Walk Central.
The CCAC also has taken on the task of raising funds to restore the magnificent stone statue,Pioneer Mother, by Samual Cashway, that is located just three blocks from downtown Clare at the entrance of the Clare Middle School.
- CCAC donated portable stage to the Harrison Street Fair to be used for their street performers.
- Donate to Clare Parks and Recreation to sponsor a Concert in the Park.
- Donated to $300 Art Walk Central, an art competitionthrough Art Reach in Mt Pleasant.
- Held a Quilt Block Trail Festival, which over 300 people attended.
- Show cased several artist work at Mid Michigan Community College Fall BBQ.
- Hold an annual garden tour featuring local gardens.
- Offered Quilt Blocks to the 16 townships in Clare County.
- Started a Quilt Block Tour.
- Developed Rack cards which are distributed at all Welcome Stations in Michigan with information on the Clare County Quilt Block Trail.
- Did a bus tour of the Quilt Block Trail during the Quilt Block Trail Festival.
- Participated in the wreath competition at Christmas.
- Offer monthly programs
- Worked on the Depot, by pulling nails out of the inside of the Depot which is being renovated and will be the future home of CCAC.
- Offered bus tour to ArtPrize in Grand Rapids.
- Helped paint on the mural in Art Alley.