To encourage and support the arts in Clare County, Michigan, through such means as sponsoring exhibitions, demonstrations, and forums; producing theatrical and musical performances; advancing arts education by offering classes for youth and adults; encouraging public support for local artists and arts projects; and raising funds needed to support the organization's work.
Headlines / Notices
Clare County Arts Council Updates
- CCAC next meeting will be December 8. It will be an ugly sweater/sweatshirt contest held at Guys and Dolls Studio. The studio is located at 8064 S Clare Ave, Clare. It will begin at 6 and prizes will be awarded. If you plan to attend, please bring an appetizer.
- Just a reminder, 2016 CCAC dues are $10 and can be paid now. Please send your payment to CCAC, P O Box 412, Clare, MI 48617. Thank you.
- "Call to Artist" Art Reach in Mt Pleasant is holding a Small Works Juried Show from April 4-30 in the Art Reach Morey Family Gallery. Maximum size of the entries is 18 x 18 framed. All media is accepted. There is a $25 submission fee. Applications are due by February 1, 2016. For more information, go to www.artreachcenter.org.
- December 1 Farwell High School Band Christmas Concert at Jamie Performing Arts Center at 6:30
- December 3rd: Clare High School Band Concert at High School at 7 pm.
- December 3rd: Farwell Middle School Concert at Jamie Performing Arts Center at 6:30.
- December 5th: Clare Gladwin Area School Craft Show. 4041 S Mannsiding Rd, Clare. This is from 9-4
- December 5: Opening Reception at 515 Gallery from 6-8. Art-Fordables will be available at the Gallery. This is small original art work which will be sold out of a vintage cigarette vending machine. The blocks are $5, which make art affordable for everyone. There are 22 different local artists who have their work for sale. The exhibit runs through January 5, 2016. Gallery hours: Wednesday through Saturday 11-4.
- December 5: Clare Conservation District 2nd Annual Festival of Trees will be held at Jay’s Sporting Goods from 10-6 Free and open to the public. A silent auction of beautifully decorated table top trees, wreaths and other holiday items will be available. There will be hourly drawing for door prizes. You can shop for unique items from local craft vendors. Kids craft workshop from 2-4.
- December 5: It’s Elf Time in Clare: check out the Clare Chamber website for more details, but scheduled is a Chili Cook Off contest, Arts and Crafts at the Clare Senior Center, Community Tree lighting and 5K Elf run.
- Santa's Elves Craft Show - Saturday December 5th 10am to 4pm
For more information call the Clare chamber 989.386.2442.
- December 8: CCAC Christmas get together. Wear your ugly sweater or sweatshirt and win a prize. We will be meeting at 6:30 at Guys and Dolls Photography. They are located on N Clare Ave, just north of Jay’s Sporting Goods.
- December 10th Clare Middle School Band concert at the Clare High School at 7 pm.
- December 12: Harrison Christmas Celebration will be held starting at 6 at Hillside Elementary. A memorial tree lighting ceremony and an appearance by Santa Claus.
- December 17: Gateway Community Band will be performing their Christmas Concert at Clare High School. This event will start at 7:30.
Clare County Arts Council is pleased to announce Brandi Holt from Clare High School was the $500 winner of this years scholarship.
The scholarship is for students who attend schools in Clare County and are planning on attending a summer arts camp. Last years winners were Julia David, from Clare High School. She attended Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp to study visual arts. Joshia Bear from Clare High School attending Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp for music. Sky Stacy from Harrison High School attended Interlochen Fine Arts Camp to study visual arts.
From the Clare County Review: Work is underway on the new home for the Clare County Arts Council at the historic Clare Railroad Depot. Stairs have been installed and the basement floor has been poured as the first part of the work to finish the CCAC’s new home.
A $51,874 grant from the Michigan Council for the Advancement of Culture and Arts (MCACA) will pay nearly one-half the cost to rehabilitate the basement of the Clare Railroad Depot as a home for the Clare County Arts Council. The Depot Committee has funds available to provide the required local match of $52,874.
- Quilt Festival: Thank you to everyone who worked or attended the Quilt Festival. Since this was CCAC’s first time at this adventure, we will learn from this and improve for next year.
The Quilt Festival raffle winners are: queen size quilt: Marlene Porter, wall hanging-Priscilla Garver and table runner-Ellen Fordos. The People’s Choice winners are: for Current: 1stplace Connie McAllister, 2ndplace Theola Cleveland and 3rdplace Megan West. For the Vintage category, 1stplace-Amy Morris, 2ndplace-Corinda Brown and 3rdplace Judy Hubel.
Thank you to Emily Yob and Bob Guiliani for providing the music.
If you have any feedback, please let Vicky know at email@example.com
Jane Sartor Key, Vicky Gunden, and Carron Nevill
If you have any questions, contact me, Carol Santini. firstname.lastname@example.org